Forced Resignations: What Are My Rights if I am Forced to Resign From My Job in Pennsylvania?

If you come here often, you know that I am not a proponent of resignations, with limited exceptions.

One exception is where you are being subjected to illegal retaliation, or an illegally hostile work environment.  Such situations are referred to as "constructive discharges" or "constructive terminations."  To find out if your situation falls within the protection of the law, Click Here

Another situation is where your job is so stressful that your health is being affected and you have to quit your job to preserve your well-being.  The stress can be brought about by a nasty boss or co-worker, an increase in your workload, etc.  In such situations, you may want to first consider taking leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act in tandem with Short Term Disability before quitting.  Click Here for more information about how to go about doing that.

If, however, you ultimately feel you must resign, it may be difficult to get unemployment benefits, so you may want to consider some strategies. Click Here to read more about that.

There are some other scenarios whereby quitting may be necessary, such as to care for a loved one who is ill, if your spouse is required to relocate, if you suffer a dramatic change in your rate of pay, work hours, work location, etc.  In these type scenarios, you may be eligible for unemployment compensation.  Click Here to learn more.

More Questions about how Discrimination law?  Click Here.

More questions about Pennsylvania Unemployment Law?  Click here.
You have read this article with the title Forced Resignations: What Are My Rights if I am Forced to Resign From My Job in Pennsylvania?. You can bookmark this page URL http://clapclapclappp.blogspot.com/2011/10/forced-resignations-what-are-my-rights.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Forced Resignations: What Are My Rights if I am Forced to Resign From My Job in Pennsylvania?"

Post a Comment