CAN I GET OVERTIME PAY IF I AM AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR?

If you are truly an independent contractor, the answer to this question is: No.

However, it is common knowledge that employers routinely misclassify people that are actually employees as independent contractors so as to avoid obligations for payroll taxes and overtime.  Click Here to read more about that.

If, despite the fact that you signed an independent contractor agreement, an examination of your day-to-day activities demonstrates that you are in fact an employee, then you are entitled to overtime. In fact, it is not unusual for a large group of employees to gather together in a single lawsuit to make a claim for unpaid overtime resulting from their misclassification independent contractors.  
You have read this article with the title CAN I GET OVERTIME PAY IF I AM AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR?. You can bookmark this page URL http://clapclapclappp.blogspot.com/2011/10/can-i-get-overtime-pay-if-i-am.html. Thanks!

No comment for "CAN I GET OVERTIME PAY IF I AM AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR?"

Post a Comment