I Quit my Old Job and Now I was Laid Off From my New Job - am I Eligible For Unemployment in Pennsylvania?

Yes, in some cases.

In order to evaluate this situation, one must understand several terms and principles common to PA unemployment law.

First, if you had a job offer in hand from the new prospective employer when you quit your job, then you are deemed to have quit with anecessitous and compelling reason and would be eligible for unemployment benefits.

If you did not have an offer of employmenmt from the new employer in hand when you quit, you may need to prove that you had necessitous and compelling reason to quit the old job UNLESS you earned 6x your weekly benefit rate from your new job before you were laid off from your new job.

Under either of the above scenarios, your old employer may try to fight your claim by filing for Relief From Charges.  To understand whether you need to fight that, you need to understand how your  Base Year earnings are calculated.

In short order, though, if  you earned more than 6x your weekly benefit rate from your new job, you need not worry about fighting the request for Relief from Charges filed by your old employer.  If you did not, then you will have to fight your old employer by attending an Unemployment Hearing and proving you had a necessitous and compelling reason for quitting your old job.

More Questions about Pennsylvania Unemployment ?aw? Click Here to read our answers to your most FAQs.
You have read this article with the title I Quit my Old Job and Now I was Laid Off From my New Job - am I Eligible For Unemployment in Pennsylvania?. You can bookmark this page URL http://clapclapclappp.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-quit-my-old-job-and-now-i-was-laid.html. Thanks!

No comment for "I Quit my Old Job and Now I was Laid Off From my New Job - am I Eligible For Unemployment in Pennsylvania?"

Post a Comment