Can I Work Part-Time and Get Unemployment in Pennsylvania?

Philadelphia Unemployment Lawyer With Offices in Delaware County and Chester County

At the Gallagher Law Group, we represent only individuals with workplace rights issues. Call 610-647-5027, e-mail me directly or send an e-mail inquiry via the "Fill Out My Form" box to the upper right of this page. We will respond promptly with an analysis of your situation, and discuss potential options going forward at no cost to you.

If you need a Highly Experienced Unemployment Lawyer in the Philadelphia area who represents only individuals, John A. Gallagher has 20 years of experience, and offices in Plymouth Meeting, King of Prussia, Paoli, Exton,Radnor and Philadelphia.

Visit http://www.johnagallagher.com/.

The simple answer to this question is - there is not a simple answer.  Basically, if you are working on a w-2 basis and earn no more than 40% of your weekly unemployment benefit, you will not lose any unemployment benefits.  After that, you will suffer a reduction in benefits.  If you are working on a 1099 basis, an independent contractor basis, then you may well be disqualified from receiving benefits.

See our YouTube on this issue and 6 other commonly asked unemployment questions in Pennsylvania. The questions we answer are as follows:

1.  What is Willful Misconduct in Pennsylvania? 

2.  If I Quit My Job, Am I Entitled to Pennsylvania Unemployment Benefits?

3.  May I Apply for Unemployment in Pennsylvania If I Am Getting Severance ?

4.  If I Am Disabled Can I Receive Pennsylvania Unemployment Benefits?

5.  Can I Receive Unemployment in Pennsylvania If I Work Part-Time and ?

6.  Am I Disqualified from Pennsylvania Unemployment If I Do Consulting Work?

7.  What is an Independent Contractor Under Pennsylvania Unemployment Law?


The Gallagher Law Group handles Unemployment Compensation matters for individuals in communities such as Plymouth Whitemarsh, Chestnut Hill, Plymouth Meeting, Blue Bell, Chalfont, Springfield, Broomall, Newtown Square, Media, Norristown, Lansdale, Horsham, East Goshe, West Chester and Malvern.

If you have a question about unemployment in Pennsylvania, call us today and we will discuss your matter at no cost to you.
You have read this article 1099 / benefits / employment law / independent contractor / Law Firm / Pennsylvania / philadelphia / referee / Severence / unemployment compensation / W-2 with the title Can I Work Part-Time and Get Unemployment in Pennsylvania?. You can bookmark this page URL http://clapclapclappp.blogspot.com/2010/08/can-i-work-part-time-and-get.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Can I Work Part-Time and Get Unemployment in Pennsylvania?"

Post a Comment